Friday 17 February 2012

Practice makes perfect













 
I love Friday's as they are usually quiet in my world. I can reflect on the week gone and perhaps do a little drawing and tidy up the studio.
Today I thought I would practice my photography around the house. I am quite pleased with how they turned out. My favourite is the one of my great Uncle Jo's Oil on canvas. The frame is nearly collapsing and sadly it isn't signed. He painted this with a palette knife when he was a boy. The roses are so dark and almost haunting. It's really beautiful up close.
 I also tried out a few ideas with the new products. The light wasn't great but it's nice to see things happen rather than them sitting in your head. I plan to do a full photo shoot with Jen Owens who did our wedding photography. She is very talented and knows the kind of photographs I would like on my website.
The gift wrap is now on the website and is available for all stockists. Jotters and gift tags will follow shortly. Perhaps maybe even an online shop..........

Have a lovely weekend folks. Long walk for us tomorrow morning along the sea cliffs of Filey. Can't wait!

1 comment: