Saturday 14 July 2012

Madrid

























This week Andrew and I took a well deserved trip to Madrid. After a crazy month of posting orders out I needed to get away. It was very last minute and unplanned but it ended up to be a very exciting trip full of long walks, frozen yogurt, Sangria and Protests.
There was not a cloud in the sky for our entire stay so my Scottish skin got the fright of it's life (Andrew just went brown) I liked Madrid a lot more than I thought I would. There was a real flavour of London about it, which I loved, but also a real Spanish Culture. The architecture was beautiful and the parks were vast and green.
There was also protests in the streets of Madrid due to the economic crisis in Spain and a few times we did run into crowds causing chaos in the city. I have never seen so many police vans lined up ready for the madness. Andrew and I stayed out of the centre when it was at it's worst. My summer read is 1984, which is a very interesting read considering what is happening in Europe right now.
Now I am back and refreshed I feel inspired to draw a bull or two. Oh so much to do before our trip to Germany in August. We will be touring with my German distributor Brevi Manu to Dear Prudence stockists. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment