Thursday 17 March 2011

Amy Cutler- An Illustrator to be admired

After three months of packing cards, invoicing and keeping my selling head on I am now free to be transported back into my world of drawing!! Its been too long!!

This week I have immersed myself into any inspiration I can get my hands on. My head is about to explode with all the beautiful imagery I have found. Honestly, I cant even sleep at night I have so many ideas swimming around in there. I even have a sketchbook on my bedside table so when I dream an idea I can jot it down.

There is so many wonderful illustrators out there but time and time again I always come back to the timeless work of Amy Cutler. I cant get enough of it. I found she has a book but at £95 I think I will have to save up for that one.

Its the perfect balance between whimsical and a little dark. The relationship she creates between animals and people is beautiful and each drawing tells it's own story.

Here are a few of my favourites I wanted to share with you.........enjoy




I will let you know when I get my hands on the book....

No comments:

Post a Comment