Tuesday 8 January 2013

Long time coming.......


















Well.... what a journey. December has been a mountain with plenty of ups and downs.
Before I move onto the new year I just wanted to update you on some photos of my very first  Harrogate Country Living fair 2012.
 I decided I wanted my own little customer base and have the experience first hand of people who know and love what I do. I must say I was rather nervous and all the feelings of my first trade show came flooding back. Although it couldn't have been more different than a trade show. The main thing I noticed was the handling of lots of cash and also the constant hustle and bustle of eager customers wanting to get a peek. I have never had so many compliments and met so many lovely people. I loved every moment. It was more of a success than I thought it would be so I will be doing as many retail fairs as I possibly can in 2013.
I will be working very hard this month on getting my new website up and running and have a great shop where people can buy directly from me.
It has also made me look forward to a long term goal of having my own shop/studio.....the tricky question is where? I loved setting up my stand as I could really get a full view of what my brand is about. My vision is clearer than it's ever been.
Also, I know this post is well overdue. After the show I somehow ended up in hospital with pneumonia. Very random I know. I thought I just had a chest infection and a case of flu. This is why I have been a bit of a hermit recently. Fighting fit now!
So, to a new year, lots of new things to learn and achieve. Who knows what will happen....

No comments:

Post a Comment